It's really hard to wait for our call to come. I think we are being given a lesson in patience. We feel like our life is on hold. We don't really dare buy anything. Will we need things for a hot climate, or a cold climate? We just don't know, so we wait.
I stopped in at the Post Office the other morning and told the lady behind the counter that we were expecting a mission call and wondered if they could give us a phone call and we could come and pick it up. I know they used to do that, but she said they weren't really supposed to do it now. She said they usually come on Wednesday's and suggested that we put our mail on hold on Tuesday and then come and pick it up on Wednesday. When I suggested that to Gene, he didn't act like he wanted to do that so I guess we will just wait until it's delivered.
My concern is that our mail delivery sometimes comes quite late even as late as 5:00 PM. That would be a little hard to get the family together as Clay would be coming from Pocatello and especially on a school night. We do want the children and grandchildren who can, to be here when we open our call.
I'm kinda thinking it might come this week. It will be three weeks but I guess I should be prepared - it could take another week or two ...or three. Do I sound anxious? Yes, I guess I am.
We had our Stake Conference this weekend. It was oh, so good. Our Stake Presidency was reorganized. We have loved our Stake President, Scott Poulsen, and his counselors, David Bodine and Michael Stahli. They have truly loved and served the people in this stake.
Our General Authorities visiting was Elder C. Scott Grow of the First Quorum of the Seventy and Elder Wynn Dewsnup, an Area Seventy. I was so impressed by both of them. Last night in the adult session of conference, they talked about being given the authority and the keys to come to our stake to make this change. They also shared with us the process of selecting a new stake president and how that revelation works. Also about the opportunity we would have today of raising our arm to the square to sustain and show support for them.
A lot of the meeting last night was focused on senior couples serving missions. They talked about the need for senior couples and told us that today there are between 1500 and 1800 couple serving world wide and how many more couples are needed and the strength they are in the mission field. They invited everyone there to go home and talk about serving a mission and to actually write a date in front of their scriptures of when they would like to serve. And then to start making plans and preparations so when the time came, they would be prepared and ready to go.
Elder Grow talked about how missionary calls are issued. He said that the data from the application is collected by a member of the missionary committee and then they would sit with a member of the Quorum of the Twelve as he would make the actual assignment. Its pretty humbling as we think about it and we were excited that we are in the process and waiting for the call.
Today in our meeting, Michael L. Stahli was sustained as the new president of our Stake with counselors, Steve Wassom and Craig Warren. We are excited. We have known President Stahli for quite a long time. He has served as a counselor to President Poulsen for the year and a half. He is a wonderful man and we think highly of him. We were a little sad to think that President Poulsen wouldn't be setting us apart for our mission, but we feel so good knowing that President Stahli will now be doing that. We also know both counselors and have felt the confirmation from the Spirit that these men were called by revelation and we know our stake continues in good hands.
We have been so uplifted today. I shed quite a few tears as I've felt the Spirit during our meeting today. It seems the Spirit really touches my heart and those tears aren't tears or sadness, but joy as I realize we are doing what Heavenly Father wants us to do. So now, I just plan on crying when we get our call, crying when we are set apart and when we enter the MTC.
No comments:
Post a Comment