24 September 2011 Cloudy, little rain PM
I got up a little early and made some muffins. I didn’t have any apples, but used applesauce instead in my favorite recipe for apple bran muffins. We had found some “Pam” spray (just like home) for the muffin tin, and oh, was that nice. It didn’t have a weird smell either. The muffins turned out right out and tasted great! And they were a whole lot quicker and easier to make. I will do it that way from now on.
Jason called us this morning and said he guessed they were going to go through with buying that house. And he was still planning on coming to Nepal. I’m happy for them. And happy that he’s still coming.
I went to church early to visit with Sister Nam. We had a good visit. She still struggles with Nepal, the culture and the whole thing. She misses Korea and New Zealand. I again encouraged her to think about taking the English Class at READ Nepal. She is thinking about it. That would get her out of the house a little bit and if they are going to be here in this country for a couple of years, it would be nice, if she knew a bit of English.
It’s looking like it will be the end of October before we actually start classes there. With Gene’s surgery and the kids coming, it’s pushed our start date back. They seem okay with that at READ Nepal, but tell us the women are anxious to start. Will will just extend the time frame until April, May or whatever. We will just play it by ear and see how fast they progress through the book.
Sacrament meeting was wonderful today. The building was full. We had a couple more young girls, members of the church, who are here from Germany to work in an orphanage for three months. We did invite them to go to Youth Conference. They were going to check and see if they can get away.
We had people there from London, USA and it was just a good mix today. I had been asked to speak and the topic was, ‘Come listen to a Prophet’s voice.’ I was introduced as Sister Borland. Everyone laughed. She is the Sister missionary we replaced. By the time it was my turn I didn’t have much time. Brother Kim spoke before me. He doesn’t speak much English and he spoke in Korean and had his daughter translate into English. He had mixed up the dates and thought he was talking in two more weeks, but he did great impromptu, talking about the Prophet Joseph Smith. In fact, they passed him a note telling him his time was up. I had time enough. I did ask Sajana to translate for me. I felt good about my talk. The one I gave and the one I prepared were quite different but that’s okay.
After the block, there was a convert baptism. She is a young woman named Goma Malla and what a cutie. She is so excited and happy to be baptized today. She has a younger sister that is also interested. We will see what happens there.
Dipak, the finance guy came today. The ox is in the mire. The year end reports have got to be done and there just isn’t another good time. He was here for about five hours. It will be good to get that taken care of.
No comments:
Post a Comment