Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Ensign this month - Just for us!

Yesterday the Ensign, our official church magazine, came. It had a picture on the front cover of a senior couple and the caption was: Serving as Senior Missionaries. The whole magazine seems so right for us and the timing is perfect. It didn't take long for me to read the article and to get even more excited.

I keep hoping the phone will ring and the stake executive secretary will be calling to make an appointment with us to go see President Poulsen. No phone call yet. I worked today at the frame shop and when I got home Gene said he had talked to Bishop Pitcher and he said that he talked with President Poulsen last night. The medical papers will need to be scanned in and he will have Brother Kelly  Daniels do that tonight. I imagine President Poulsen will want to look over the papers and be familiar with all of our information. I'm hoping that we can have that interview before we leave for Cannon Beach next week. Then our call could be here when we return. We don't seem anxious do we?