The last week or two we have been thinking about the preparations we need to make to serve a mission.Suddenly I don't feel that I'm very prepared. As we were filling out our papers, we saw where the Bishop and Stake President might ask us what our favorite scripture is, perhaps our favorite hymn, or scripture story. Those thought sparked something within me and I've been thinking about those things.
We both love to read. Me, mostly historical fiction and Gene has read a lot of different kinds of books. We visit the library often and check books out from there. A couple of weeks ago I went to the library and as I was looking for a book, I felt that I should be reading something more of a spiritual nature. I picked up a biography of President John Taylor. I brought it home and started to read. It wasn't long and again I had an impression. Back to the library I went. This time I brought home the book "Joseph and Emma, A Love Story". Again, I started to read, but found that wasn't what I was looking for. This time the distinct impression came that I should be reading The Book of Mormon.
I started reading and this time it feels right. Also, Gene and I both are also spending time with Preach My Gospel. It's put out by the church to be used by missionaries. I feel like there is so much to learn. Not only the learning but living my life that I might be worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost.
I said yesterday that I was really getting pretty nervous about this whole thing. Today I feel more at peace and I'm just excited. We are looking forward to visiting with President Poulsen, our Stake President, and then having our missionary application forms sent to Salt Lake for review and an assignment made.
No comments:
Post a Comment