Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time is marching on and on. We have received an email from Elder and Sister Boreland in Nepal. She tells me that their time is winding down too quickly. They will have been there two years and she has mentioned that it will be good to see children and grandchildren again.

They told us a bit about teaching English. It sounds like instead of teaching one and a half hours, three times a week, all the sudden we will be doubling that and probably with Gene teaching one class and me the other.If I felt inadequate at the thought of Gene and I being together in the classroom, wow! what about our feelings now.We truly will be putting our trust in the Lord. We know that with his help, all things are possible. Without his help, we know there's no way we could fill this assignment. Now I guess that's where this thing called faith comes in. I don't remember who said sometimes you have to take a step into the darkness - that's how we feel. Thank goodness, our faith is strong. I do have to say, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I had asked Sister Boreland a few questions about a variety of topics. I am going to share her response here:
There were a couple of things I wanted for Primary that I couldn't find here - stickers mainly. Our daughters sent us a package to our p.o. box, and it arrived. One they sent never did arrive. A package an American had sent to our p.o. was torn open. His Mother sent him cinnamon bears - they were open and each one cut in half. In other words, the mail is not dependable, but it's fun to get when it makes it. This week a package arrived from our daughter with nylon knee highs in it - it was ripped open and then put in a plastic bag that had "protected by the Nepal Post Office" stamped all over it. Now that we are wearing skirts so much more, I needed nylons - they are not available at all here. The other fat envelope we received was pictures and special cards from another daughter - that envelope was not even opened. Randy's suggestion is that nothing that isn't replaceable be sent here. The mail is not dependable. We have only sent cards home - very few of them. We have had Americans returning home that have mailed important things for us when they get back to the states.
I had asked them for our address in Nepal. She sent it and I looked it up on Google Earth. That was pretty interesting. She had told me and I saw that we are only about a ten minute walk from the US Embassy. For some reason, I was glad about that. I didn't put a house number in but you can find the area by putting
Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal in a search on Google Earth. I found it pretty interesting.

I'm still having people ask if there's room in my suitcase for them. We are still on cloud nine and know we are so blessed and feel fortunate to have this opportunity.

No comments: