Thursday, November 18, 2010

We feel like our mission has begun. Brother Peterson at the MTC did call us back and the English International Language class has been set up and we are on schedule to attend. We will leave home on Sunday afternoon and stay at the Missionary Training Center Sunday evening through Wednesday. Brother Peterson said he would meet us in the lobby at 7:50 AM on Monday morning and take us to our class. Class will be 8 - 5 each of the three days. We heard from Brother Norman Evans, also at the MTC. He gave us some reading assignments from the book More Than a Native Speaker. It looks like a lot of reading for this next week. We almost feel like college students. Brother Evans also told us that we will be observing some ESL classes (English Second Language) as well as have the opportunity to teach some mini lessons to missionaries learning English there at the MTC. Whoa! That makes me more than a little nervous. Gene asked me if I had read Elder Edgley's conference talk on Faith. I hadn't, so I did. I read that this morning at 2:00 AM when I couldn't sleep, and it reaffirmed to me that Heavenly Father will help us as we strive to do his will and humbly ask for his help. I know Faith can move mountains and I also know that will the Lord's help, all things are possible.

We are excited to get a sneak peek at what goes on at the Missionary Training Center and look forward to this opportunity.



No comments: