Thanksgiving has come and gone. We had a wonderful day with our family gathered around us. They were all here but Jason and Tiffany. They are at home with that new baby girl. We miss having them here, but will see them just before we leave for the Missionary Training Center.
Thanksgiving morning was crisp and cold after the blizzard of a day or two ago. Things warmed up here as about twenty-six of us gathered together. Everyone contributed something and it was easy for everyone. We enjoyed a lot of wonderful food, visited with each other and played some games with the kids and grandkids. What fun we had. As we looked around we realize we have so much to be grateful for. I know as Gene and I go to Nepal, we will really begin to understand just how blessed we are and that we have so much, living here in this beautiful valley with wonderful people surrounding us. We do recognize the Lord's hand in our lives and acknowledge his blessings to us.
Gene and I are packing our bags and gettting ready to travel to Provo to spend three days at the MTC for the English International Language class. We were sent a lot of material to read prior to the beginning of the class. We completed the assignment, but do we remember a lot of it? And did we comprehend what it was all about? It did give us an idea of what this is all about, but oh, there is so much to learn. I hope our brains will be like sponges and we can absorb it. I'm sure we will feel like we have information overload.
We are looking forward to the experience there. We will arrive Sunday afternoon and Sunday evening we will be able to attend a fireside at the MTC. Monday morning the class begins. We will see what happens from there. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment