Monday, January 3, 2012
I was excited when I checked our new email account the church sent us. There was an email from
Gordon and Marsha Christiansen. There were the couple who had served in Nepal before Elder and Sister Borland. We had listened (many times) to a podcast we found on the Mormon Channel where they were interviewed about their experiences in Nepal. We found it fascinating. I am including the link here and if you are interested in what we will be doing, this is a great resource. Check it out - it's great!
http://broadcast.lds.org/ldsradio/FaithInAction/2010-07-0300-christiansen-64k-eng.mp3
Her email said they had heard from Elder and Sister Borland that we had received a call to serve as humanitarian missionaries in Nepal. They offered to answer any questions we might have and said they would like to meet with us while we are at the Missionary Training Center. I was so excited to hear from them. After listening to their podcast, I had wondered how we could get in touch with them - and they found us. I think this is yet another Tender Mercy. We see the Lord's hand in a lot of things lately and we are so grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment