After having our mail held for a few days, Gene went to the Post Office to pick it up. We were really hoping that our mission call would be there as it was Wednesday. He cam home with what looked like quite a bit of junk mail and he said, "Well, the check is still in the mail." I said, "you've got to be kidding" and he assured me he wasn't. He put the mail on the bar and I looked at it and pulled out a large white envelope and said, "What's this?" He was looking for a regular size business envelope. I had seen the Church letterhead and on a large white envelope. We were so excited.
I went to work at the frame shop - the call sat on the bar unopened, all day. The kids and Craig and Tracey, gathered with us about 5:30PM and we had pizza before opening our call. Jason and Tiffany and family were with us via Skype.
The kids said "now don't look down to see where you are going, just read the letter." Gene and I each received a letter. He handed me mine and I couldn't help it, my eyes, just went down to see where we would be serving. What I saw overwhelmed me and I'm sure I had that deer in the headlights look. It said: "You are assigned to labor in the India New Delhi Mission. Your primary assignment is to labor in the Nepal Welfare Humanitarianh Branch Office as a Country Director." When I shared that with the kids, they took had that deer in the headlights look. Wow! Wow! That's what we are all saying.
We had a large map here and had all placed a guess on the map. Hannah, our almost eight year old grandaughter had placed her guess on China and she was actually the closest. We all gathered around the map to see where India and Nepal were located. Wow again! it's right next to Pakistan. It wasn't long before the kids were looking up India on the internet. Pretty interesting to say the least.
I'm sure there will be lots to do, shopping, shots, and who know what all. We do have a little bit of time as we will enter the Missionary Training Center on Monday, January 31, 2011.
The kids hung around for quite a while. After they left, we walked across the street and shared the letter with Bishop Pitcher. He said "Wow!" too. He said he didn't remember hearing of anyone who had served there. Gene did remember that quite a few years ago, Russell and LaNae Tarbet, previous ward members served there. We do know it will be a great experience.
We also drove over and shared the call with President Pouslen. He submitted our call and we wanted to share the news with him. He also said, "Wow!" I asked just what he had written in the comments section of our application and he said he had written some really nice things, but he too was surprised at the call.
We returned home, made a few more calls and also spent a little time on the internet looking up information about India and Nepal. What an experience we have in store for us. We are apprehensive and put our faith and trust in the Lord. It's a good thing we know that who the Lord calls, He qualifies. We will move forward with faith.
1 comment:
WOW WOW AND MORE WOW!!!
You tow will do awesome at what ever you are asked to do!!
Post a Comment