Monday, October 18, 2010

Last night Gene was reading our instructions for our mission. In the Travel section he read that the name on our Passports needs to match the name on our call. (It did) It also said that when you sign your passport, you need to sign you full name. As we looked at mine, the name on the passport was Pauline Coburn Esplin. I had signed it as Pauline C. Esplin. It said if you do not sign your full name, you may have a problem getting your Visa.

By morning I was a nervous wreck. I had thought I had really messed things up. I looked online to see how hard it would be to get a duplicate passport issued - and it was a little pricey. We decided that the best thing to do first would be to call the Church Travel Department. We were sure they had handled this type of thing before. We called first thing and the cute young lady answering the phone said she didn't thing that would be a problem, but she asked if I would hold on while she checked. She came back online and said she had worked with the person handling our mission and that things should be okay. She really did reassure me. I felt a lot better and relaxed. It's really nice that the Church handles all the travel arrangements. They know the ropes and what's going on.


Gene and I went to Salt Lake City today to begin our shopping. Our call indicates that we need to take things for a hot humid climate. Do you know how hard it is to find summer type clothes right now? There are some things on the clearance racks, but they are pretty picked over right now. We walked all over the South Town Mall plus a few other places. I did have a little luck with a few tops. Gene came home with a few bottles of 30% Deet Insect  Repellant. (Yes that was on the list). We did enjoy lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. It was a nice day. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed our time together.

No comments: