Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gene called me at work today and said we each had an yellow envelope in the mail from the Church Travel Department. Wow! This isn't a dream - it's becoming very real to us. The letter from the Travel Department included Requirements for obtaining a Visa. Also included was our travel plans going to Nepal and landing in Kathmandu. That answers the question of knowing for sure where we are going. We leave on Valentine's Day, February 14 and fly to Los Angeles and from there to Bangkok, Thailand. From Bangkok to Kathmandu, Nepal. I never dreamed that I would be doing that on Valentine's Day next year.

This morning I was at the Department of Motor Vehicles just after 7:00 AM. I needed to renew my driver's license because it expires on my next birthday. We were anxious to get it taken care of so we can send our passports to the Travel Department so they can send for our visa's. Being at the DMV early was a smart thing. When I left home, I told Gene I would see him in an hour and about an hour later I was back home.

No comments: