It's a little hard to absorb everything that's involved in our getting ready to serve as humanitarian missionaries in Nepal. We received a large packet in the mail yesterday from church headquarters. We got an autographed copy of Pure Religion by Elder Glen L. Rudd. It's the history of Church Welfare since 1930. We really will be involved with the best welfare/humanitarian program in the world.
We also received a binder full of information especially for Humanitarian Missionaries and a lot of information specific for Nepal. We know our Mission President is William King Jackson and we have a list of other contacts as well. We know there are many people there to support us and help with any questions we might have.
I do know our mission will be a bit of culture shock, or should I say 'adjustment' for me. There are lots of do's and don't's and I hope I can remember all of them. I guess I need to remember that you can't eat a elephant all at once and that it needs to be a bite at a time.
As I read about travel safety and just safety in general, I feel a bit apprehensive and Gene reminds me often that we are on the Lord's errand and he will watch over us. I know that is true - if I didn't, I don't think I would be going. Actually, we are way excited and know a wonderful experience awaits us in Nepal.
No comments:
Post a Comment