Sunday, March 11, 2012


11 March 2012 Sunday

We had a lazy morning today. Brent did call us this morning and asked how things were going. I told him my ear is still draining. In fact my ear has been full of cotton and this morning when I woke up, I could feel the cotton was wet. I don't know if the drainage is normal or not. And I don’t know what to think -  the fluid is still a little sticky like it has previously been. Gene did go down the street just a bit and found a little store where he could buy some cotton. We took some of the old cotton out of my ear. It was yucky looking. It was brown color, still no odor, but I just don’t know what to think. I will be anxious to talk to the doctor tomorrow. I really anxious to return to Kathmandu, but want to get this ear situation resolved first.

We went to church in one of the Branch’s here in Delhi. It was wonderful. It was a lot like Nepal in that many of the members fall in the YSA group. The Branch President’s name is Clegg and he works for the Embassy and will be in India for a couple more years. We felt very welcome and everyone wanted to shake our hands. We saw Elder Adhikari again. He and his companion had a baptism last week and this week, he confirmed her a member of the church. He did a wonderful job and it’s exciting to see the growth in him.

The Branch seems to have a little different feel than Kathmandu. I think a lot of that has to do with lots of missionaries being there. They just carry a special spirit with them. We pray for the day the Elders can be assigned to Nepal.

There is just a whole lot more activities going on in the Branch in Delhi as well. It seemed something or other was going on about every night. In Kathmandu everything is pretty much limited to Saturday, the Sabbath day. Most all activities are held then. Other days people are working and at night, transportation can be a real problem. The church is great in Nepal, but we do have our challenges. 

After church one young woman came and shook hands with me. She said she had met us in the airport in Delhi in November when we were taking members to the temple in Manila. I remembered. She and her new husband were just returning from Hong Kong where they had been married in the Hong Kong Temple. At that time, they had seen our badges and had come over to talk to us. She is a real cutie. She told me she had gone on a mission to New Zealand and had to come home for medical reasons. She was preparing to go back out when she met a young man who asked her to marry him. She did – in the temple. She seems to be a real strength here in the Branch.

Gene said the man sitting in front of us in Sacrament meeting introduced himself a little bit in Priesthood meeting. He said he has been inactive for about 20 years. He met the Elders in a park and talked with them a little bit. They invited him to come back and he just felt like he needed to do so. I remember in Sacrament meeting as he was sitting right in front of us – he kept nodding his head at things the speaker was saying. Hopefully he had a good experience and will enjoy full fellowship with the members here in Delhi.

No comments: