17 March 2012 Saturday
I got up this morning feeling better than I have in a very long time. I’m so grateful! Gene had a little ‘bug’ and stayed home fro church, but did come over after to help assemble hygiene kits.
Church today was great! Rajesh Bagati, the young man who was baptized in Cypress was one of the speakers and again, I’m so impressed. Sunday School and Relief Society were also wonderful. I was scheduled to teach today, but with my surgery and just getting back, Sister Rukmina, our Relief Society President, gave it. She did great. It was on the Priesthood…there was lots of food for thought.
After meetings, we went to Elder and Sister Deppong’s home for Hygiene Kit assembly. We had quite a few members come to help and we assembled over 500 hygiene kits to take to a school in the Chitwan area. We met with Deppong’s after for a few minutes and outlined our week. It’s looking busy.
| Folding towels to go in the hygiene kits |
| Getting the assembly line going |
| Nick, young man waiting for his mission call |
| Sis. Deppong, so happy to have over 1200 hygiene kits done |
We came home and I fixed some dinner. Soon the phone rang and it was Pres. Bishnu wondering if he could come over. We told him ‘sure’. He came and brought with him Rajesh Bagati, the young man from Cypress. He wants to get his mission papers filled out this week so President Jackson can take them back to New Delhi with him. We are so excited and will be happy to help him. I think we can get the paperwork done this week. I love this part of our calling. I told Gene I would take care of the English class on Monday and he could go with Rajesh. It will work out fine.
| Rajesh Bagati, ready to fill out his mission papers by week's end |
We’ve spent time scanning in my medical stuff, trying to get things together to submit our claim. That’s been a trick as when I tried to pull it up on the church computer, it was all scrambled. I thought ‘oh, no, I’m going to have to rescan all this.’ Then I emailed one to myself and opened it up on the laptop. It came across great. What a relief. But still, I told Gene we should wait till tomorrow and look at it again and make sure we have everything. I’m looking forward to these next few weeks. It should be quite a ride.
16 March 2012 Friday
I woke up in the night, lay there for a few minutes and think…..”I feel a little nauseated.” I wasn’t long and I was in the bathroom throwing up. I did that about three times and soon the diarrhea started. I can’t imagine what I would have eaten to make me sick. But here I am. When Gene woke up he said he also had a little diarrhea. I wasn’t in a hurry to get up.
Deppong’s came about ten o’clock and I did get up to talk to them for a few minutes. She brought me some electrolyte stuff and gave me instructions on how to use it. I did for a while. I’ve haven't felt like eating much today. By five o’clock I’m still a touch nauseated. I hope to feel better tomorrow. I would like to go to church and just let people know I doing fine. and let everyone know that I’m doing fine.
There is a little good news here. There is another new schedule with a few more hours of increased power. That’s always welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment