Monday, March 12, 2012


12 March 2012 Monday

When I woke up this morning, my ear had been draining and it was running down my ear lobe. It was a yellow brownish color and I didn’t like the looks of it. And I could hardly hear all day. I am feeling pretty discouraged. I just wondered what was going on and if I would ever get this cleared up.

We’ve had a pretty quiet day. We called Preveen Beesa, the travel agent who is a member of the Branch here and who has arranged our hotel. We wanted to see what the other options were if we had to stay longer. The prices here are adding up quite fast. He came over and we did look at another hotel that is a little bit less. If we were going to have to be here another week, it would be worth it to change hotels. Then he showed us a nice little restaurant and we had a bite of lunch. We did have some Mississippi Mud Pie and I have to say it was delicious.

This afternoon, we did go back to the doctor. I told him I was discouraged and that my ear had been draining. He didn’t act too concerned and said he could fix that. They took the stitches out and changed the dressing. The doctor said it looked good and he was confident all would be well. They got the pathology report back and it was all normal as well. I asked him to look in my left ear and he did find some ear wax that he removed. Boy, does that feel better. I can hear out of it. He gave me more four more medications (they cost us about $3.50) and said he would like to see us on Wednesday and we could return to Kathmandu on Thursday. I know many people have been praying for us and we appreciate it so much. I know prayers have been answered in my behalf and I acknowledge that blessing from my Heavenly Father. I feel so much better tonight.

We are looking forward to tomorrow. We didn't know if we would make it out to Agra to see the Taj Mahal or not, but arrangements have been made and we will make the trek out and back tomorrow. Should be fun.

No comments: